Our Child Care Philosophy
A Philosophy Founded in Meaningful Relationships
The philosophy of Smart Start Learning Center is to provide the community with a creative child learning center in a Christian environment, incorporating structured educational programs, involvement of our community members, and positive learning development for each child. Our staff is committed to the belief that all children are achievers and with positive learning environments will attribute to a strong foundation at a young age. Our philosophy of “building a strong foundation” viewpoint allows our societies precious future to become confident and to enjoy success in an atmosphere of respect and love.
At Smart Start, we strive to provide a wide array of developmental activities to focus on the children’s emotional, social, intellectual and physical growth. Our atmosphere provides a nurturing educational environment that supports quality learning, biblical principles and positive social interactions.
At Smart Start, we strive to reflect Christian values through our attitude, our staff and our teaching. We hope you feel welcome in our learning center, in which it is our desire to emphasize our partnership with our families to help your child build a strong foundation as this helps build an encouraging path between your families and ours as your child grows and develops.
SmartStart Teachers: Enthusiasm in Action
Our teachers come from a variety of backgrounds, but all have a few things in common: love for education, a passion for teaching and a dedication to providing the best possible experience for your children.
Smart Start teachers focus on the individual development of each and every child. On-going assessments of each child’s needs provide the quality programming of curriculum to meet all developmental areas. Our Smart Start teachers complete yearly trainings to continually enhance their skills and knowledge. Some of these topics include handling challenging behaviors, improving curriculum, First Aid and CPR, communicable diseases and professionalism.
Whole Child Education
At Smart Start, we focus on Whole Child Education. Ensuring children are safe, engaged, supported and challenged in our learning environments we are committed to help build a well-rounded strong foundation at an early age. We ensure we are committed to Whole Child Education by following these guidelines:
- Each child learns about and practices a healthy lifestyle
- Each child learns in an environment that is physically and emotionally safe for students and adults
- Each child is actively engaged in learning and is connected to the community
- Each child has access to personalized learning and is supported by qualified, caring adults
- Each child is challenged daily to reach their full potential
Our educators simply love their jobs, but don’t take our word for it. See for yourself by scheduling a tour at Smart Start.
Safety & Security
Our Number One Responsibility: Your Child’s Safety
At our Christian child care center, your child’s safety is our primary concern. Here are just a few examples of the measures we take to keep your child safe.
- Our security system uses security cameras and observation windows to ensure safety
- Our security system also allows our staff instant access to your child’s medical information, arrival and departure times, and the names of people authorized for drop-off and pick-up
- An exclusive electronic access system allows only authorized personnel admittance into our building
- The safety of your child extends to the regular monitoring of facilities and equipment, such as appropriate child sized tables and chairs as well as completion of daily safety checklists
Bringing Character Back to the Classroom
Responsibility. Healthy. Creativity. Respect. Teamwork. Kindness. Love.
These are just some of the positive traits behind our “Creating Character” program that your child will experience through a Smart Start education.
By utilizing the Kelly Bear C.A.R.E.S. program research has proven children develop healthy positive foundations at an early age which lead to positive choices throughout life.
This novel approach to building character (and also emphasizing the importance of literacy) is another building block of our Whole Child Education philosophy.
Creating Character is offered in the Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten programs.